I am working with childrens centre's running healthy eating campaigns. These last for 6 weeks and are interactive often following the feel of the group.
Areas that are covered
- Budgeting - how to cook on a budget - where to shop = are there any bargins to be had?
- Hidden fats and sugars
- Healthy lunch boxes - what should you be giving your child for lunch?
- Meal times and foods that are eaten - could we change habits?
- When is the best time to wean?
- What foods should I start with?
- The importance of iron
- Cooking some foods
- The importance of lumps
- How many times that you have to try a new taste for
Jul 20, 2015 - Do you know how much sugar is in your drinks? The government has launched new guidance that only 7 tsp of sugar should be eaten a day. That is 42g. It sounds a lot but really it is not! Amazingly a lot of the sugar is in the ...
Apr 8, 2015 - Food poisoning from known causes affects around 500,00 people a year. The total number of people affected is not actually known as mild symptoms might be tolerated and medical advice not sought. 280,000 cases of food...
Feb 22, 2015 - What are vitamins all about? The importance of eating a healthy diet is always being talked about. So is the importance of eating five to eight portions of fruit and vegetables a day. However, who actually does eat a healthy diet...